By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens to board meals if I don't use them up every week?

Depending on your plan, board meals are reset every Friday and you lose the unused meals. Block meal plans (195 and 335) last all semester long.

Where can I use board meals?

You can use board meals at Hubbell Dining (1 meal swipe = 1 all you care to eat meal), Quad Creek Café (1 meal swipe = 1 entrée, 2 sides, and 1 beverage), and Spike’s Spot Convenience Store (1 meal swipe = 1 Simply To Go entrée, 1 apple, orange, banana or 1oz bag of chips, and 1 fountain beverage).

Can I use my board meals for a guest?

Yes. You are also able to use Flex Dollars, pay with cash, or credit card.

Do I have to have a meal plan?

It is University policy that if you are staying in the resident halls on campus you must have a meal plan.

When can I change my meal plan?

You are able to change your meal plans up to the first Thursday of the first week of classes each semester.

In This Section

Dining Policies

One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedure:

  • Please bus your dishes and disposables from your table when you have finished dining.
  • Please refrain from taking food, dishes or utensils from the dining area. Food is not allowed to be taken from Hubbell Dining.
  • Remember that Meal Cards are non-transferable. Meal cards cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser. You can only use one board meal at a time, and up to four board meals a day.
  • Any additions or changes need to be made in person at the Dining Services office located in the Carnegie Hall.

Dietary Needs

Do you have particular dietary needs? No problem! Our campus dining program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact the dining office at 515.271.3175.

If you have questions or special dietary accommodations, please follow the procedure as outlined in the Special Dietary Accomodations Form.

Sick trays are also available for Students with a Meal Plan. If you are feeling under the weather and would like to order a sick tray, contact your hall director and they will arrange to have a sick tray prepared for you. Sick Tray Request Form

DRAKE UNIVERSITY | Dining Services | OLMSTED CENTER | 2507 UNIVERSITY AVENUE | DES MOINES, IA 50311 | tel. (515) 271-3175 | Contact Us